1. Sift together dry.
2. Beat in mixer 3\4 cup soft butter and add 1 1\4 cup sugar beat 3 minutes add 1 tsp vanilla beat in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks one at a time beating 1 minute between each. Beat well for a more tender cake.
3. Add dry in alternately with 3\4 cup whipping cream.
4. Bake in loaf pan lined with parchment 325 for 1 hour or slightly longer until cooked in centre.
Lemon Poppy Seed
Add 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds and zest of 1 lemon. Glaze is 1 cup of icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Boil in pot 1\4 cup butter, ½ cup cream, ½ cup brown sugar for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in ¼ cup icing sugar. Cool slightly and brush on warm cake with holes poked in it. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Orange Pound Cake
Add zest of 1 orange and 1 tablespoon Cointreau…
Combine and set aside:
1. Combine in large bowl:
2. Set aside:
3. In another bowl, lightly beat egg; blend in vanilla, butter and o.j.
4. Pour into dry mixture and stir just until evenly combined.
5. Spread half in 8 inch (2 L) greased square pan.
6. Top evenly with rhubarb.
7. Spoon remaining batter evenly on top and gently spread.
8. Sprinkle topping over surface.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
10. Serve warm or cool.