Strap on your walking shoes and join the Sole Sisters walking group. This program is offered most Wednesdays (Not during the Christmas break or July and August) at various locations around the Oceanside area and is intended for women 50+, but all ages are welcome.
This is not a power walking group, but the group does walk at a moderate pace. There is a leader at the front and a leader at the back. No one is left on their own.
Time: Wednesdays, September 30 - December 2, 2020
Meet at 9:45am. The walk is from 10:00-11:30am, depending on the trail.
Most walks are about 70 minutes long, but can vary, being as long as 90 minutes.
Cost: $10.00 suggested donation for the season . If you would like to donate by credit card, please scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Paypal button.
NEW! Walk location will be posted every Thursday and you can register for a walk up to the the day before, (Tuesday) by 4:00pm. You will only be required to complete the entire registration form for the first walk you register for. After that you must still sign up, but you will be directed to a simple sign up.
Maximum number of participants is 20, (Not including the walk leaders) so please only sign up if you know you can make the walk. We are not able to welcome drop-in walkers at this time.
Please be sure to check here on Wednesday mornings for a cancellation, or a change in location, if the weather seems uncertain.
Find recipes submitted by the Sole Sisters on our Recipe page.
Thank you for reading the information below!
1. Please bring your own hand sanitizer and mask, if you would like to wear one. Masks are not required for this program, but we respect and support your decision to wear one if you choose to.
2. Covid-19 Safety questions will be asked by the leader at the welcome circle. The circle will be socially distanced.
3. Participants will be asked to walk in socially distanced groups of 2-3, depending on the trail.
4. We would like each person to keep their name and emergency contact in a pocket and if possible wear a name tag. This can be as simple as a piece of masking tape with your name on it. With many new people, this will help the leaders identify you if you are injured or unwell.
5. Fast walkers MUST stay in contact with the front leader. If you happen to get ahead, stop and wait, or turn back to the leader. The leader should ALWAYS be at the front of the group. If you are not willing to do this, we will not be able to count you in as part of the walk, due to safety issues.
6. It is important that you do not leave from a walk until you have checked in with the leader, so no one is left behind.
Description: Please join us at Rathtrevor Park, one of the most beautiful parks in the entire world, right in our own backyard! The walk will take approximately 60-75 minutes and is gentle and flat, suitable for all levels of walkers.
Directions: Please meet near the front of the main parking lot in Rathtrevor Park, by 9:45am. Thank you for respecting each other's social distance!
Other Important Items to Bring to Your Attention
Rathtrevor Provincial Park, Rathtrevor Rd, Parksville, British Columbia V9P 2X9, Canada
Your contributions make affordable youth programs possible in our community.