Strap on your walking shoes and join the Sole Sisters walking group. This program is offered most Wednesdays (Not during the Christmas break or July and August) at various locations around the Oceanside area and is intended for women 50+, but all ages are welcome.
This is not a power walking group, but the group does walk at a moderate pace. There is a leader at the front and a leader at the back. No one is left on their own.
WINTER PROGRAM INFORMATION
Time: Wednesdays, January 13 - June 30, 2021
Meet at 9:45am. The walk is from 10:00-11:15am, depending on the trail.
Most walks are about 70 minutes long, but can vary, being as long as 90 minutes.
Cost: $10.00 suggested donation for the season . If you would like to donate by credit card, please scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Paypal button.
NEW! Walk location will be posted every Thursday and you can register for a walk up to the the day before, (Tuesday) by 4:00pm. You will only be required to complete the entire registration form for the first walk you register for. After that you must still sign up, but you will be directed to a simple sign up.
Maximum number of participants is 25, (Including the walk leaders) so please only sign up if you know you can make the walk. We are not able to welcome drop-in walkers at this time.
Please be sure to check here on Wednesday mornings for a cancellation, or a change in location, if the weather seems uncertain.
Find recipes submitted by the Sole Sisters on our Recipe page.
Thank you for reading the information below!
1. Please bring your own hand sanitizer and mask. Masks will be required upon arrival, during the check-in and check-out circle and any time on the walk that the group stops to regroup for directions. If you are comfortable to do so, it is encouraged to wear a mask while walking.
2. Covid-19 Safety questions will be asked by the leader at the welcome circle. The circle will be socially distanced.
3. Participants will be asked to walk in socially distanced groups of 2, with 3m between each person and 3m between the group ahead and the group behind. If you happen to come across other people walking on the trail, please give them a 3m berth by stepping off the trail, if you have to, and turning your back.
4. We would like each person to keep their name and emergency contact in a pocket and if possible wear a name tag. This can be as simple as a piece of masking tape with your name on it. With many new people, this will help the leaders identify you if you are injured or unwell.
5. Fast walkers MUST stay in contact with the front leader. If you happen to get ahead, stop and wait, or turn back to the leader. The leader should ALWAYS be at the front of the group. If you are not willing to do this, we will not be able to count you in as part of the walk, due to safety issues.
6. It is important that you do not leave from a walk until you have checked in with the leader, so no one is left behind.
Don't forget to register for each Sole Sisters walk before you come. Drop-ins are not welcome at this time.
Description: Please join us this week for a lovely walk along the Qualicum Beach Museum Trail. This trail will have some flat sections, a very steep hill, with some stairs, down Grandon Creek (It is absolutely beautiful along this trail) and a long uphill section. Some parts may be slippery with the leaves under foot. This walk will be a longer one and may take 80-90 minutes.
Directions: Head to Qualicum Beach. The museum is just off the corner of Beach Road and Mill Road. There is limited parking at the museum, but plenty of parking in the train station parking lot, as well as along Harlech. We hope to see you there!
Please Note: Registration for the Wednesday walks closes on Tuesday evenings at 4:00pm.
587 Beach Road, Qualicum Beach, British Columbia V9K 1K7, Canada
Your contributions make affordable youth programs possible in our community.